UTTERLY refers to University Teachers Certification Centers: Innovative Approach to Promoting Teaching Excellence" and is funded by Erasmus+ under the KA2 Capacity Building in Higher Education line from 2021 to 2022. The goal of this project is to contribute to the modernization of the higher education system in Ukraine by establishing regional centers and a Ukrainian network for teaching excellence in higher education.
Duration: 01/2021-01/2023. Funding: aprox. 800.000 € (Erasmus+)
Contact person: Nicolai Teufel. Manager: PD Dr. Frank Meyer.
- Wider objectivesEinklappen
To contribute to the modernisation of higher education systems in partner countries by introducing national centers of teaching excellence for promotion of European educational innovations by university teachers’ education certification.
- Specific project objectivesEinklappen
1) to de-monopolize formal systems of university teachers’ professional development and certification in Ukraine establishment of an independent national center of teaching excellence and its eight branches, as well as creating their network and focusing on enhancing the quality of university teaching;
2) to introduce the professional university teachers’ certification programs based on European best practices and educational innovation for ensuring teaching excellence;
3) to develop and pilot a new teaching excellence curriculum, including courses syllabi, which are permeable with educational needs of the Ukrainian academic community and resulting in professional certification of university teachers;
4) to develop professional standards for university teachers and drafts for regulating teacher certifications.
- Expected resultsEinklappen
- Benchmarking research conducted.
- Strategy and model for teaching excellence developed
- Selected staff retrained in EU.
- CTEs offices opened.
- Professional standards for university teachers developed.
- Regulation for teacher certification improved
- Teaching excellence curriculum developed
- Evaluation methodology for certification created
- Trainees for pilot groups enrolled.
- Certification programs accredited.
- Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
- Bayreuth University, Germany
- University of Versailles Saint-Quentin, France
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Ukraine
- Poltava V.G. Korolenko National Pedagogical University, Ukrain
- Kryvyi Rih National University, Ukraine
- Lutsk National Technical University
- Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University, Ukraine
- Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky H.Skovoroda State Pedag. University, Ukraine
- Nizhyn Mykola Gogol State University, Ukraine
- Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine