Higher – educational Seminar offers
The Center for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education at the University of Bayreuth (FBZHL) offers a various selection on further-education courses, which can be easily distinguished by the target audience and their substantial orientation. The target audience of our courses are all lecturers at the University of Bayreuth but every other lecturer at other Bavarian universities can participate in our courses, too.
Due to different interests and terms of reference we distinguish the participants of seminars between
- Professors, Habilitation
- Academic Associates
- Student tutors
The offered content can be divided into four categories
- The general interdisciplinary offer, for which every lecturer can register at www.profilehreplus.de/en/seminars.
- Subject-specific courses are orientated on the participants, who mainly engage in subject-specific sectors. Usually this kind of seminars are developed in prior consultation with the participants. Every lecturer is invited to submit her or his ideas.
- In seminars for professors and post-docotral lecturers, the speakers deal with special topics that particularly concern the target group of executives.
- Seminars specifically for students prepare them for their tutoring tasks. The training of so-called e-tutors is also assigned to this area.
Every seminar is subdivided into five thematic spheres. The thematic spheres mirror the area of practice of lectures in studies:
- Section A: Teaching and Learning Concepts
- Section B: Presentation and Communication
- Section C: Examination
- Section D: Reflection and Evaluation
- Section E: Advising and Mentoring
This division into subject areas corresponds to the standards that we set together with the committee "ProfiLehre Network", in which all Bavarian universities are represented, as well as the project "ProfiLehrePlus".
The didactic seminars at the University of Bayreuth are mainly standardized. This means that the general interdisciplinary seminars are offered every semester and you will be informed about it by leaflet and e-mail. The registration and participation procedure for all seminars is structured the following way:
- You register yourself at www.profilehreplus.de/en. A one-time registration is required. Please use your official e-mail address and consider our conditions of participation.
- Some seminars require a participation fee. Please transfer it in time. You will find all information in the e-mail that was sent to you shortly after your registration.
- You take part in the seminar.
- By participating, you collect working units (AE), which you can find on the seminar booking platform ProfiLehrePlus.de/en under "My ProfiLehrePlus" -> "Visited seminars" after successful competion of the participation.
- Once you have attended enough seminars, you can apply for a didactic certificate.
A cancellation on the seminar booking platform up to 14 days before the event ist free of charge. Please consider our conditions of participation.