Training of E-Tutors
The Center of Learning and Teaching in higher Education at the University of Bayreuth offers a training programme for E-Tutors. Student assistants receive an overview of the possibilities and use of digital learning resources and are supposed to support teachers in their work. They can provide advice, support and help to select digital teaching-learning processes suitable for their own discipline, and to develop and design them together with the teachers. The Center of Learning and Teaching in higher Education finances the personnel costs for ten e-tutors with funds from study grants.
During their studies, students acquire knowledge about the use of digital resources in teaching. They have an overview of teaching-learning formats as well as possible applications of different methods in interaction with digital media and technologies. They know the respective advantages and disadvantages and can use the most important technologies and media. They are able to advise interested teachers in selecting suitable media, technologies, methods and formats for the respective course. The e-tutors support the teachers in the preparation and implementation of the courses. The e-tutors are trained to deal with copyright issues.
Video: Experiences from the WS1819
Which projects did the e-tutors* accompany in the WS1819 and what experience did they gain? Find out in the video!
Fünf E-TutorInnen des Ausbildungsdurchgangs im WS1718 berichten von Ihren Erfahrungen und vom Nutzen ihrer Projekte.
Video: Experiences from the WS1718
We asked the e-tutors about their projects
- What kind of project are you involved in?
- what is the benefit of using the digital teaching-learning resources in this course?
- what have you learned for yourself in this position?
Watch the full size video here.
Students acquire knowledge in the following areas during their education:
- Co-design of courses with digital elements
- Production of educational videos (screencasts, streaming)
- Advice on the selection of suitable digital resources for teaching
- Advice on copyright issues
- Support possibilities in the teaching process
Download the complete curriculum here (only in German).
Financing of student assistants
From the winter semester 2018/19, funds from study grants will be made available for the recruitment of ten auxiliary staff with 20 hours per month for up to twelve months. All lecturers at Bayreuth University are invited to apply with a project. More information on funding and the template for the application for an e-tutor* position (only in German).
Costs of the training programme
The training at the Center of Learning and Teaching in higher Education takes place within the framework of the BMBF-funded project "ProfiLehrePlus" and is free of charge for chairs, teachers and students.
Application and registration
The training takes place once a year and comprises 24 work units (3 seminar days). All interested university chairs are invited to register their students for this training or apply for funding. The group size is 10-12 persons. This training takes place in cooperation with the IT Service Centre.
- The application for financing and training of students should be received by Center of Learning and Teaching in higher Education at the University of Bayreuth by 29 June 2020 (extended).Applications received after this date will be allocated according to available resources
- The first training days for the e-tutors* are in October 2020 and the seminars will take place in presence or as webinars. Students will then register for them here.
The team will be happy to assist you with your application and with the advertising of the position in your department. Please contact us personally!